Baked Oatmeal (OSG Cookbook)

19:46



"Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year's end and day's beginnings."
- Terri Guillemets

Sure, you can call me basic, but there's no denying that autumn is my season. Let me tell you why:
  • Landscape changes, with the foliage all yellow and orange and red;
  • I get to wear boots and layers and my super comfy (but still stylish) poncho;
  • Colder weather, but before the snow;
  • Even if I'm not into pumpkin spice latte (sue me), I still get to bake with pumpkin;
  • This is the only season I'll eat apples (I'm serious);
  • Blanket scarves. Enough said;
  • Halloween time, which means it's time to come up with costume ideas; 
  • Stargazing is so much better. 
But do you know what's all season? Oats. Baked or lovingly slow cooked or prepared overnight.

I've said this before and I'll say this again: Baked oatmeal from the Oh She Glows cookbook is the bomb diggity. I've tried the original recipe a few times and my parents loved it. My mama who's not a big fan of oatmeal (I know, right?) loved every single bite. Obviously, I've played with the recipe a few times, too, because, hello, everyone has different personal preferences.

If you're ready to cozy it up this autumn, why not try this recipe?

Gimme more than a few bites!

Baked Oatmeal (inspired by the OSG Cookbook) 
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups gluten-free oats
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 2 apples, peeled and diced
  • Figs, sliced

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish with coconut oil. Set aside.

In a bowl, combined all dry ingredients (oats to salt). In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients (coconut sugar to vanilla). Pour liquid into dry and stir until well combined. Stir in diced apples.

Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Top with figs.

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the apples are tender.

Let cool before slicing.

Enjoy with coconut yoghurt and fruits, or with almond milk and nut butter! xx



 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images