Simple Single Serving Gluten-Free Pancakes

11:27


"I don't have to tell you I love you. I fed you pancakes."
- Kathleen Flinn

I know it's been a while. I've neglected a lot of my interests these past few months due to some personal grievances. But, at last, I decided to dig up some effort from the well in my heart and exercise my love for writing.

Funny thing is I've actually been writing a lot these past two months. Mostly, I write diary-like entries, a bit of, I'll admit it, cheesy poetry, and some unfinished short stories. My brain's been off in so many directions, which is why everything's left undone. Sadly. 

But I digress, so my excuses. One thing that hasn't really changed is my love for pancakes. Mostly just on Sundays. A girl still has to fit in her clothes. Usually, I use buckwheat flour for my pancakes, but I wanted to try a gluten-free all purpose flour. It's my first time using this flour, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I prefer the consistency. Plus, it doesn't have the somewhat stronger taste of buckwheat flour. More for me, I suppose.

Of course, if I feed you pancakes, you know I love you. Well, if I feed you anything at all, really. 

So here goes.

Gluten-Free Pancakes
Serving: 1

Dry Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • Dash of cinnamon 

Wet Ingredients:
  • 1 flaxseed egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
  • 1/2 of a banana, mashed
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together all liquid ingredients. Pour wet into dry and mix until incorporated.

Heat a non-stick pan with coconut oil. Cook pancake batter 1/4 cup at a time. Turn pancakes to the other side when bubbles appear. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruits.

Makes roughly 5 pancakes.

Enjoy

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images