Grrr-anola

17:11





"... I have no time left except for people I'm crazy about."
- Edna St. Vincent Millay

If you're my friend and you actually see me these days, it's most probably because we're working on the same mandate. Or because we cross paths when I run to the office early in the morning for coffee. Or you actually live with me. (Or, you know, I'm stalking you very badly. Jokes.) Oy vey. I have lost some weight from the stress and my hermit-like existence. Okay, so maybe not very hermit-like. But it's definitely been a very anti-social kind of environment. Maybe one day I'll perfect that work-life balance people keep talking about. Are we sure this isn't just some mythical creature that doesn't exist? 

Let's not even get started with dating. All the last few boys have been, well, disappearing. Can you blame them? I can only imagine how damaging to one's morale is when the person you're trying to date reschedules ten times. I'm so sorry. But I suppose that's a sign I'm comfortable with my singleness. Hmm, I'll just pile on a bunch of blankets and pillows to warm my cold, cold heart.

In other news, I'm a copy cat. Seriously. Two of my co-workers these past few weeks have been snacking on Greek yoghurt and granola. I wasn't jealous about the Greek yoghurt. No need for my tummy to be in dire pain. But the granola... Hmmmm...  My go-to granola recipe is one from The Minimalist Baker, but it needs a lot of bananas (which I don't have plenty of) and different kinds of nuts (my pantry is all out). So what's a girl with a serious craving to do? Find an alternative, of course! 

Well, I guess at least I'm got homemade granola to keep me company. If only this relationship would last longer.
 
 
 
Simple Banana & Coconut Granola

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups gluten-free oats
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 4-5 medjool dates, chopped
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
  • 1 medium ripe banana
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup coconut nectar (or maple syrup)

Preheat oven 275F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, melted coconut oil and coconut nectar.
Then add in the remaining dry ingredients. Make sure that all of the oats are evenly coated.

Pour the mix on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-55 minutes, making sure to stir at least twice.

Store in an air-tight container once cooled completely.

I've got two tubs of coconut yoghurt and the Game. Is. On. 

Enjoy xx 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images