Fall in Love with Vegan Pumpkin Bread

18:59






"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
- Anne of Green Gables

I grew up in a country where there were only two seasons: dry and wet. And I was miserable. I needed more colour and I definitely could have lived with less grey all around. So when we finally decided to move to Canada, I was ecstatic. Four seasons. Four different colour schemes. Autumn, it was my calling.

I don't kid you when I saw the transformation of nature when autumn breeze finally said hello. All the yellow and orange and red, an artist's dream. I didn't even mind the weather. Or the need to rake leaves every two minutes. My inner poet comes out in the fall. I just want to string beautiful words together and pour my heart out. But that has already gotten me in trouble already.

But I digress. The point of this post is not only to emphasise just how much I love layers and knits and chunky sweaters, but to also present you my vegan pumpkin bread recipe. I whipped this baby up one night, panicking because I had previously promised a friend I'll make pumpkin bread... but with no recipe. So I tried again, trying to retrace my steps. Ha-ha, not very easy when I sometimes don't even remember if I had tied my hair or not.

Again, I digress. I hope you like the recipe!



Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Dark Chocolate Cheese 
Serves 8-12

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 2 tbsp coconut nectar
  • 3 tbsp-4tbsp water or almond milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate of choice

Preheat oven to 350F

In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (flour to nutmeg). In a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredient (pumpkin puree to water). Then, add wet to dry ingredients, careful not to overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour mix in a loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Once baked, let cool on a cooling rack.

Serve!

Enjoy xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images