Vegan, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares

19:25



"If you're not losing friends, you're not growing up."

As sad as that may be, it's just reality. It bother me deeply and sometimes, I even go into a monologue of what I could've done to prevent such a friend breakup. Unfortunately, sometimes it's as natural as time lapsing.

I'm not one to deny any of my failures or shortcomings, and sure, sometimes I definitely could try harder. Exert a little more effort in my garden of friendships. Tend to the flowerbed, make sure the weeds have been sheared away. Except sometimes life happens and a little solitude may be a blessing to you, but a sign of a breakup. But, and this isn't an excuse, friendship is a two-way street. You can't be the only one expected to call or check in at all times.

In my experience, some friendship breakups are hard. More painful than losing a boyfriend. Other times, I'm ashamed to say there was a sigh of relief. When there was no more joy out of a friendship, it was always best to let go. No regrets. Although, at least I can say that no matter how good or bad a friendship ended, I'll forever wish ex-friends all the best in life. Sincerely. From the bottom of my heart. Because at one time or another, these people brought such joy in my life and I know they'll bring that same joy to someone else's life.

Not to play favourites or anything, but I do love to bake for friends who are still around. I guess that's my love language. Basically dumping sweet treats on everyone's laps. I haven't heard any complaints yet! And so I shall continue baking and through that, perhaps I can strike a new friendship.

Since it's the season of baking (hello, holidays!) and of pumpkin (I mean, it's technically winter now, but...), what better way to indulge those close to you than with a delicious mix of pumpkin and chocolate? All vegan, all gluten-free, secretly healthy.

I'd like to have you again... and again!

Vegan & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares 
Makes 9 to 12 squares

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup gluten-free flour
  • 1 cup gluten-free oats (rolled or quick cooking)
  • 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves 
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 flax eggs
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup almond mylk, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Dark chocolate chips
For chocolate drizzle:
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp melted coconut oil

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.

In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients (from gluten-free flour to salt). Mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in flax eggs and almond mylk until well combined.

Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Transfer the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

As the square bakes, prepare the chocolate drizzle. Melt dark chocolate chips with coconut oil and set aside.

Let cool on a wire rack before slicing. When the square has cooled, drizzle chocolate and let settle.


Enjoy! xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hair style is what every girl desires, our social profiles are totally dedicated for this purpose, do visit hauteher cosmetic tips for women

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images