Peach & Fig Galette

17:31




"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches,"
- Dita von Teese

I'll tell you the truth, it took a lot of wasted peaches before I began to like them. The fuzzy skin always threw me off. The taste itself was just all right. It was either too soft or a little too unripe. It's still not one of my favourite fruits. I don't find myself craving peaches. So you see, you can't expect everyone to crave you, no matter how juicy of a peach you are. 

Growing up, we're taught the importance of being well-liked by every single person we encounter. It doesn't matter if an individual is a nobody in our life. That stranger still has to like you. How crazy is that? I definitely found myself censoring my opinions, shutting myself up and smiling or agreeing with someone's unfounded philosophy. It's all about being a juicy peach, right? But then you grow up and realise not everyone is worth your time. Same goes for other people thinking that about you. It's just a fact of life. You can dislike certain people and certain people will dislike you. You don't need a reason. They don't need a reason. That's just how it is. The unexpainable. 

But if I really want to win your heart, I'll just bake. Ok, no, I joke. I just bake because I need the stress to leave my body. This peach galette was a result of that. Isn't that just peachy?

Solid dessert! 

Peach & Fig Galette
Makes 8-12 slices

Ingredients:

Crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
  • 1 stick vegan butter/1/2 cup vegan margarine
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar (add more if you want a sweeter crust)
  • 3 tbsp to 1/4 cup very cold water
  • 1/2 tsp salt 

Filling:
  • 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
  • 2 figs
  • 1/8 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Brushing:
  • Maple syrup
  • Almond milk

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

For the dough, pulse together the flour, vegan butter, coconut sugar and salt. Slowly add the water and process until a dough forms. Transfer to a floured surface and roll into a ball. Refrigerate in an oiled bowl for at least an hour.

Once chilled, transfer to a floured surface and roll out flat, to 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer to the prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 350F.

For the filling, in a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Make sure all peaches and figs are covered evenly.

Place peaches in the centre of the rolled dough, leaving enough space to fold the sides over the peaches.

Brush the dough with the "egg wash" mixture of maple syrup and almond milk.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden.

Let cool before serving. Add ice cream to the side if desired.

Enjoy! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images