Overnight Chia Pudding with Coconut Yoghurt

13:49





"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast."
- Alfred A. Montapert
But really, I'd rather eat oats for breakfast. 

When it comes to problems, however, just swallow them up, digest them, then spit them out with a huge smile on your face. It doesn't have to be for breakfast. You can do that any time. I say this only because I'm trying to live in the moment. For a born worrier, it's a difficult feat. Staying grounded and pushing away dark clouds take up a lot of effort. I have to root myself to the ground to not get detached to what's happening in the moment. You should think about the future, to plan accordingly (for example, if you want to travel the world or you want to purchase your first home, save up now), but if it's a what-if question, your imagination running wild, tame that horse. 

Recently, I read the book So Sad Today by Melissa Broder and I couldn't help but feel her pain. I didn't go through the extremes she's gone through, suffering from different addictions, but when it comes to panic attacks, that's right up my alley. These aren't fun. Never. If you want to know how it feels to drown on land, it's all about the panic attack. You end up feeling like the world is about to crumble and you'll get pulled into a sink hole. You try to rationalise your feelings, but you can't. Even the trigger can be the minutiae of the most irrelevant thing. You can't fight it. You just have to ride it out. 

You see, running in the morning grounds me. Maybe it's just in my head, but I feel like my day will be more settled if I get that run in. Runs clear my mind. I find myself shifting my focus, thinking abut my problems and then actually either solving them in my head or pushing them aside so I can just get into that zen zone. You know what makes running in the morning so perfect? Right after your run, breakfast awaits!

I bought this Lululemon running bag with the hopes of running to and from home during the work week. (And yes, I've done it!) Since I love morning runs, I pack my food for the day in my little bag, some gum, my phone and I go, go, go! The distance from my home to the office is 8-10 km, depending on which route I take. But the biggest issue is of course is making sure my breakfast doesn't spill all over my bag. The solution? Mason jars with covers for my overnight oats. This past week though, I bought one too many containers of coconut yoghurt. It's not really a bad thing, but when you've got only 2 weeks before the expiration date, it's time to put on the creativity hat. Et voila, this pretty filling chia coconut yoghurt parfait that you can prepare the night before a morning run. 

Ready to run?

Overnight Chia Pudding with Coconut Yoghurt
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
  • 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (unsweetened)
  • 3-5 tbsp of almond milk 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • Fruits of choice

In a container, mix together chia seeds, oats, coconut yoghurt and cinnamon. To thin out, add a few tbsp of almond milk and mix again. Chill for a couple of hours or overnight.

When ready to eat, add peanut butter and fruits of choice. I love adding banana, berries and figs.

Mix well and enjoy! xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images