Overnight Banana Chia & Oats

17:51




"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast."
- Alfred A. Montapert

The irony of having more time, yet preferring to avoid cooking breakfast. Yep, that's exactly my case at the moment. Once upon a time (or at least it feels like a million years ago to me), I would cook breakfast every single day, take a photo, edit and post it on Instagram. And I was a lot busier then than I am now! Maybe it was dedication. Maybe it was an addiction. Or maybe it was my way of grounding myself to reality and feeling "normal." These days though, you bet your pretty bottoms that I'd rather have a more relaxing morning where my breakfast is all pretty and prepared already from the night before. One less thing to do in the morning. It saves me a few minutes that I now spend reading my book or the morning news. Or practicing my eyeliner game (let's just say if this is the NHL, I won't even make the playoffs). 

So, let's get back to my favourite easy breakfast lately. It's been cold these last few weeks in my city and there's nothing more warming in the break of day than a big bowl of oatmeal with lots of fruits and peanut butter. I switch up my combos once in a while, but since berries are in season, I can't help but load up my bowl with wild strawberries and blueberries. Yummy!


Delicious flavour bomb right here!
 

Overnight Banana Chia & Oats
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Fruits of choice for topping
  • Peanut butter

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, chia seeds, banana, cinnamon and almond milk. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

When ready to eat, top with fruits and peanut butter. Heat in the microwave if desired.

Enjoy! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images