Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread

03:25



"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
- Alan Watts

How do you handle change? Are you nervous at first? Do you gradually become excited at the thought of new beginnings? Is there a mishmash of emotions at the same time? Do you go in circles and ponder on the possibilities? All the little details that you’ll miss once you finally enter the stage of change. 

Today is my moving day. The first time in 15 years that I’ll uproot myself from the safe and homey spot I’ve loved for more than a decade. We’re creatures of habit, us humans. As much as we don’t like being tied down, we have to admit there’s something comforting about coming back home. This time around, I have to build my new home, to make it feel like home at least. And it scares me; it’s beautiful yet so terrifying as well. I just need to jump. Now. 

I was nervous thinking about my new responsibilities (hello, mortgage!), but I’m also excited to “own” my home. It makes me feel more like an adult. I was dreading the change though, especially my morning routine. I had already established my early morning running routes in my old neighbourhood. I felt comfortable to run at 5 am outdoors and not feel at all like there’s a hidden threat lurking behind the bushes. My commute to work every single morning was the same, seeing the same familiar faces. Now it’s time to restart. I have to find my running route and change my workout schedule. I have to familiarise myself with the commute in my neighbourhood so I’ll still get to work at exactly the same time every single day. I need to find my food places – although this apparently isn’t very hard to do. I’m freaking out right now, but I’m also beyond thrilled.

(My only regret is not saying hi to the cute boy I kept on seeing every morning. I did try, but he ran away from me. Stupid chap (I’ll miss those green eyes). Oh well, it’s time for change.)

I decided I needed to bake for the last time using my “old” oven and so I ended up baking this delicious chocolate banana bread. I had overripe bananas that needed some loving, but simple banana bread didn’t sound adventurous to me. So voila, chocolate banana bread was baked. #iregretnothing

I think I found love.

Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes 8-12 slices

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups spelt flour or ww flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3-4 medium overripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup coconut sugar (adjust to taste)
  • Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature to use coconut oil. 

In a medium bowl, mix together all liquid ingredients from bananas to coconut sugar. 

In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Pour the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until smooth. 

Fold in chocolate chips, but save some to sprinkle on top. Pour into prepared pan. 

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Cool in pan for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. 

Enjoy! xx 



 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images