Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies

12:20




"People have got to learn: if they don't have cookies in the cookie jar, they can't eat cookies."
- Suze Orman

Lately, I've been on a sugar craving roller coaster. After every meal, I crave dessert. It could be just a spoonful of peanut butter and medjool dates. But more often than not, I want baked goods! Obviously, there's a need for moderation, but when the cravings are just too strong, you know you need healthier options. 

I've never minded flour, to be honest with you. I remember a trip to Paris, where I ate two loaves of bread in one day and not give a single hoot. These days is a whole other story. Not knowing exactly the cause of some digestive issues, I've decided to limit my flour intake. Not gluten in particular, but mainly big wheat sources like bread and baked goods. Sure, I still have almond butter and jelly sandwiches, but I do try to limit my daily intake of flour-based foods. 

We've all seen flour substitutes - from black beans to coconut flour. The not-so-popular option is chickpea flour. I've only used chickpea flour for vegan "omelettes". But, hey, it's good to know that chickpea flour can be used for chocolate chip cookies, too! 

Bite me.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
(Recipe adapted from BackyardOwl)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup frozen chickpea flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp or more almond milk, as needed
  • 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

Make sure that all liquid ingredients are at room temperature.

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix together chickpea flour, rolled oats, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.

Add liquid ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup and almond milk. Mix well together.

Make 12 cookies. Bake for 8-12 minutes.

Let cool before serving.

Enjoy! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images