Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Tahini Balls

06:58


"When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile."
- Regina Brett

I'm a dessert girl. Like big time. I rarely ever turn down a good plateful of dessert. Even when I've had a hearty dinner, my brain and heart will whisper, "Go on, girl, eat that cake." Thing is, I don't always reach for chocolate. 

Some of my friends are veritable chocoholics. They'll have a bar of chocolate or prefer a big slice of chocolate cake. I, on the other hand, don't really like all-chocolate anything. Please, don't stone me just yet. It's not often that I'll buy a bar of chocolate and eat half the bar. My dessert of choice isn't always a chocolate cake, unless of course that's the only vegan dessert on the menu, then please, I'll take a big slice. Mostly, when my body craves chocolate, it's either a) it's PMS or b) I'm emotionally off-balance. Weird? Perhaps, but it is what it is. 

My go-to dessert choice is medjool dates, a banana and tablespoonful of peanut butter or almond butter. I always have this combo as my dessert every night. Of course, I bake a lot of cookies and brownies as well, and I do eat the desserts that I make. Trust me, I do find myself standing in my kitchen, holding two slices of brownies with no regrets in the world. I'm only human after all. 

On a rather cloudy and sad-looking day, I found myself reaching for chocolate. No, excuse me for the possible TMI, but it wasn't because of PMS. It's emotional, you see. I'll admit that I'm currently not in the best emotional state. I'm all right, but I have too many emotions quelling inside that, I suppose, I'm trying to silence. That's not always the best way to go. I'm working on it. If chocolate can appease some of my worries, then so be it. I just have to feed my soul for it to shine again. 

Spot the odd strawberry. 

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Tahini Balls
Makes 11 balls

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup tahini
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • Handful of pretzels, crushed
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • Hemp seeds (optional)

In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, tahini and maple syrup. Once mixed, add pretzels. For extra crunch, you can add bigger pieces, as desired.

Roll into balls and assemble on a plate lined with parchment paper.

In a small saucepan, heat together coconut oil and chocolate chips. Make sure that it's not too hot as your chocolate can taste burnt. Remove from heat before all chocolate is melted and stir until chocolate has turned liquid.

Dip the balls in chocolate and freeze for at least 15 minutes. If you have extra chocolate, you can drizzle on top and sprinkle hemp seeds as desired.

Enjoy! xx 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Feed your soul and shine on my friend! I love this recipe and do believe that sometimes we need a boost of healthy, nourishing foods to rejuvenate our bodies and spirit! Have a wonderful weekend love! <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images