Simple Chia Pudding

03:17



"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow."
- Proverb



It has been and still is a rather confusing winter here in my city. There are days where the air just chills you right into your bones, where even the idea of stepping a foot, nay, even just a toe, outside is dreadful. But there are also days where everything is white, covered in such majestic snow and your heart is warmed by the stillness. However, I must say that since March came a-knockin', I'm impatiently waiting for spring, for blossoms, for lighter weather, for a sign of bright life. Maybe I'm putting too much expectation on a season, but isn't it how it usually goes?

I practise yoga regularly, mostly on my own. I have a friend who's a yoga instructor to thank for the discipline. I used to attend yoga classes in studios though and I reckon I began to miss that interaction. So a few days ago, I decided to buy a membership for hot yoga classes. And I'm very happy with my decision! I've only gone twice, but I love it. I love the challenge, the sense of community, the burn. I used to be so anxious with these classes, always afraid that people are out there to judge and be mean, so this is a big step forward for me. And I'll just say that arrival of spring is making me think more positively and bring back my sense of adventure.

Honesty time: My winter eating habits have been... a rollercoaster ride to be sure. I suffered from binge eating a lot at night and I went to bed sick, both physically and mentally. I'm re-learning to listen to my intuition, to shush out the voices that are only out there to make me feel empty. As my little redemption, I'm spending more time preparing snacks that I know are tasty and will kick out any craving because they're filling. And chia seed pudding is perfect! Load it up with fruits and you've got vitamins, antioxidants and protein altogether.


Chia Seed Pudding
Serves 1

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 9 tbsp almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
  • Dash of cinnamon 
  • Fruits (apples, berries, banana, etc.)


In a small bowl, mix together chia seeds, almond milk and cinnamon. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours. I usually do so overnight and stir it halfway through.

When ready, add in fresh fruits and top with coconut yoghurt if desired.

Enjoy xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images