Easy Snack : Vegan, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar Free Thumbprint Cookies

17:28



"So you have your price. Your soul for a cookie."
- James Patterson



I'm all about easy baking these days. When you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to squeeze in a workout and get back home at 7 in the evening, you know you need a quick recipe to fix a sugar craving. So getting creative is a must!

I'm trying to cut down on refined sugar and incorporating natural sugar into my cooking. Usually, I use bananas and homemade applesauce as a substitute. I think it works perfectly given that I'm not a fan of very sweet treats. If I want something sweeter, I'll use rice malt syrup or maple syrup, but even then, just a little bit. Now my mum understands why we always have very ripe bananas in the pantry. Cannot get enough.


Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 9 cookies

Recipe:
  • 2 cups gluten-free oats 
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • Homemade jam (or jam of choice)
  • Dark chocolate
  • Peanut butter, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350F. 

In a food processor, pulse the oats until coarsely grounded. Make sure not too refined.

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, bananas and cinnamon. Form round balls and with a small spoon, create a well in the middle.

Scoop in some jam or dark chocolate.  Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.

Cool using a rack. Then drizzle with peanut butter if desired.

Enjoy xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They look delicious! I also always have ripe bananas in the kitchen (except for today, because somehow I forgot about them). Once I did similar cookies using the ground almonds. When I feel like having something sweet and I have bananas, I'll make some of your recipe!

    Livellion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Vegan dark chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images