Sugar-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse

18:47



"Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive."
- Joanne Harri, Chocolat


Currently: Listening to "Poison & Wine" by The Civil Wars. It's such a beautiful song that I can't help myself by play it on repeat. 

With everything that has been happening lately in our lives, my family forgot that today's Chinese New Year. So we're not actually celebrating today, but will do so this weekend. Busy bees. Preoccupied with other aspects of life. There's something so inviting about celebrating a New Year. I think as humans, we're obsessed with the idea of new chances, the possibility to make ourselves better. And we'll take whatever can give us that flicker of hope: New Years, birthdays, the beginning of a new week or month. 

I've made some New Year's resolutions when we welcomed 2015, but I suppose they're not really resolutions. More like plans. Intentions. Just another thing to cross off my list. One of those intentions was to post more recipes on this blog. I know, I know, I haven't been very constant about it, but I'm trying. Another one is to create more healthy alternatives, preferably sugar-free. Practically everyone in my family has a sweeth tooth, except for my brother, the odd one out. I need to be very careful around sweets because I sometimes cross the line and head off to the point of no return. And there's always a casualty after. 

And so, in light of my plan, I created this sugar-free chocolate and avocado mousse that's oh-so-good and is actually good for you, so isn't that just a plus?

Sugar-free Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium avocado
  • 1/4-1/3 cup nut milk of choice
  • 2 tbsp carob powder/cocoa powder
  • 3 medjool dates (or more as to your liking)
  • 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
  • Dash of cinnamon 
 In a food processor or blender, place all ingredients and blend until smooth.

Transfer in glasses and chill before serving.

Top with fresh fruits, coconut yoghurt. Serve and enjoy. 

xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images