Matcha Pancakes for One

09:58



Currently: Sick and fighting watery eyes
Also, lacking any appetite.

It's the worst thing, really. You know your body needs nourishment. And you know you'd rather be out and about, making your body stronger. Probably enjoying the wonderful weather outdoors. But no, you have no energy whatsoever. You have no appetite so you down the smallest quantity of food, just enough to satiate that feeling of hunger. So what do you do? You look at old photos of your food that you'd love to taste again. With great difficult though because your allergies have made you a 20-something cry baby. Or is that just me?

So, let's reminisce, shall we? See, the last time I had these wonderful matcha pancakes were months ago, after a very satisfying 9.5 mile run out in the cold. I was a bad arse then, wasn't I? And now, here's summer with wide open arms and I stay put in bed because I can't keep my eyes open. Trust me, typing right now is executed with great difficulty. If that isn't passion right there, I don't know what is.

I probably should stop rambling and cue in the recipe, right? Okay, in 3-2-1.


Gluten-free Matcha Pancakes
(Serves 1)

 Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp matcha powder
  • Pinch of salt 
  • 1/2 of a banana, mashed
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk of choice (I refer almond or coconut milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • Coconut oil, for frying

In a small bowl, mix together all liquid ingredients (banana to vanilla essence). In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Then, add liquid to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.

Grease a skillet with coconut oil and turn to medium heat. Once well heated, drop pancake batter, 1/4 cup at a time. Cook each side until you see bubbles on the top portion. Repeat.

Top with your favourite toppings. I used the remaining 1/2 of the banana and maple syrup, which was just sweet enough.

Enjoy!

xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images