I scream. You scream. We all scream for nana ice cream!

17:38


"I wish I had a mango tree in my backyard with you standing next to me."
- Angus & Julia Stone

Fact: I used to climb mango trees growing up. Actually, only in the summer when we were vacationing in the countryside. 

Fact: I hit a big mango tree when I was trying to learn how to ride a bicycle. I wasn't turned off by mangoes, but I was turned off by riding bicycles altogether. 

Fact: My favourite snacks as a child were dried mangoes. And fresh mangoes. Just mangoes in general. 

Fact: My grandmother used to have a lot of mango trees... so you see, my parents saved a ton of money because they never had to pay for my mango consumption. I might've hurt the economy because of it. My parents ended up planting mangoe trees in our backyard.

So you can understand why I love mango season. How I wish it lasts the whole year! Now, I buy a box of mangoes and freeze some of them so when it's hotter, I can just make a smoothie or just suck on cold mango slices. BUT I have to say that there's something appealing about 'nana ice cream with mangoes. Yes, I know, it's technically not ice cream because, well, there's no cream. It just takes sorbets to a whole new level, you know? So if you want a healthier option to regular sorbets without the additional artificial sugar, go try my mango 'nana ice cream. 



Mango 'Nana Ice Cream 
Serves 1 (or 2 small servings)

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 frozen bananas (sliced)
  • 1 mango, sliced and frozen
  • 1-2 tbsp of nut milk of choice*
  • 1 tsp maca powder, optional 
Toppings:
  • Strawberries
  • Fresh mangoes
  • Coconut shavings
  • Strawberry "slush" (Recipe below) 
 In a small food processor, add in all the ingredients and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl and freeze for a few minutes, depending on the consistency that you like. Serve & enjoy! 

Strawberry "Slush"

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 frozen bananas (sliced)
  • A handful of fresh strawberries, diced
  • 1 tbsp of milk of choice
Blend all together unti liquidy. Pour on over to your nana ice cream.

* : I love using coconut milk because it's creamier that way, but you can absolutely use any.

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

E-mail : heartyspoonful@gmail.com

Flickr Images